1. Detroit Lions - Eugene Monroe - OT - Virginia Tech
Lions' new GM and Head Coach follow the path of Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano in Miami, rather than their counterparts in Atlanta. They select an anchor for their offensive line for the next decade, a la Jake Long, rather than rolling the dice with a less experienced and less mature, albeit stronger-armed, version of Matt Ryan.
2. St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith - OT - Baylor
One of the worst offensive lines in the league finds its heir apparent to the legendary but aging Orlando Pace.
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
A tug-of-war between Scott Pioli's preference to go defense and draft Aaron Curry and Todd Haley's offensive mindedness to select Michael Crabtree. In the end, Haley convinces Pioli that Crabtree just reminds him too much of a guy he coached last year in Arizona, Larry Fitzgerald.
4. Seattle Seahawks - B. J. Raji - DT - Boston College
A big defensive tackle who can take some pressure of Patrick Kerney and the Seahawks' first-round pick last year, defensive end Lawrence Jackson.
5. Cleveland Browns - Aaron Curry - OLB - Wake Forest
Cleveland cannot believe that Curry is available; a future Pro Bowler and immediate upgrade for this defense.
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Smith - OT - Alabama
He may have gone to the combine a little out of shape, but he is a massive prospect with a solid college career.
7. Oakland Raiders - Jeremy Maclin - WR - Missouri
Al Davis just cannot resist playmakers, and Maclin has the rare speed and quickness to be just that.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Matthew Stafford - QB - Georgia
Jacksonville came into the draft with different plans, but they won't pass up on this talent at the eight-spot.
9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo - DE/OLB - Texas
Orakpo is a pass rusher who brings versatility and quickness to a defense that notched only 27 sacks last year.
10. San Francisco 49ers - Malcolm Jenkins - CB - Ohio State
The 49ers need help in the secondary and Jenkins can play either cornerback or safety.
11. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew - TE - Oklahoma State
The Bills will welcome an upgrade to their run blocking as well as another target for Trent Edwards.
12. Denver Broncos - Tyson Jackson - DE/DT - LSU
Jackson is a massive DE who will shift inside for the 4-3 Denver defense, and take some pressure of Dumervil and Crowder.
13. Washington Redskins - Everette Brown - DE/OLB - Florida State
The Redskins need a pass rusher to complete their front seven attack after the addition of Albert Haynesworth.
14. New Orleans Saints - Brian Cushing - OLB - USC
The Saints are in desperate need for a leader on their defense. Cushing's upside is limited, but he should be a solid player who always comes prepared.
15. Houston Texans - Aaron Maybin - DE/OLB - Penn State
The Texans are attracted to young pass rushers (i.e., Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye). This should make life a little more difficult for Peyton Manning.
16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC
This guy hits hard and fills a need between Phillips and Merriman.
17. New York Jets - Percy Harvin - WR - Florida
The Jets want to bring in a playmaker to add some explosiveness to their offense. Harvin reminds many of Desean Jackson.
18. Chicago Bears - Darius Heyward-Bey - WR - Maryland
The Bears are in need of a go-to receiver. Devin Hester and Rashied Davis aren't cutting it and Kyle Orton needs some help.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Knowshon Moreno - RB - Georgia
Tampa Bay hasn't had consistency at the running back position in years. Moreno has too much talent to pass up at this point.
20. Detroit Lions - Mark Sanchez - QB - USC
The lions pass on Stafford but pick up Sanchez later in the first round. They make have to trade up to actually make this happen.
21. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Oher - OT - Mississippi
Andy Reid loves drafting lineman, and he loves benching them until they've had a chance to learn the ropes. This sounds like a perfect situation for the developing tackle from Ole Miss.
22. Minnesota Vikings - Vontae Davis - CB - Illinois
The Vikings need athleticism in their secondary and Davis is a physical freak.
23. New England Patriots - James Laurinaitis - ILB - Ohio State
The Pats love this smart, savvy, and instinctive linebacker. Reminiscent of Vrable and Bruschi.
24. Atlanta Falcons - Peria Jerry - DT - Mississippi
The O-line is solid, now they turn to the D-line where Jamaal Anderson could use a little help.
25. Miami Dolphins - Clay Matthews - OLB - USC
A natural pass rusher to play opposite Joey Porter.
26. Baltimore Ravens - Darius Butler - CB - Connecticut
The replacement for Chris McAllister.
27. Indianapolis Colts - Evander "Ziggy" Hood - DT - Missouri
The Colts can always use a run-stopper on their defense.
28. Philadelphia Eagles - Chris "Beanie" Wells - RB - Ohio State
The Eagles grab an alternative to the shake-and-bake style of Brian Westbrook with a large downhill runner in Wells.
29. New York Giants - Larry English - OLB - Northern Illinois
The Giants grab the best linebacker on the board. He's got a non-stop motor and can step in as defensive end if more injuries plague this team.
30. Tennessee Titans - Michael Johnson - DE - Georgia Tech
The Titans always seem to grab great athletes. Johnson is a physical freak, but is very inconsistent. Jeff Fischer believes he can get the best out of Johnson's endless potential.
31. Arizona Cardinals - Donald Brown - RB - Connecticut
Edgerrin James is aging and Tim Hightower did not show he could take the reigns. Brown could be the back of the future.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Eben Britton - OT - Arizona
Another blocker to protect Big Ben and push the pile for Willie Parker.