1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford - QB - Georgia
The selection here was a debate before the Cutler trade. Now, there are too many teams in the QB sweepstakes for Detroit to go with another pick here and hope to get a QB at their other spot in the first round (20) or with a trade up.
2. St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith - OT - Baylor
The release of Orlando Pace determined this pick. It could be Eugene Monroe, who is the more natural blocker, but Smith is more athletic and interviewed very well at the combine.
3. Kansas City - Eugene Monroe - OT - Virgina Tech
Pioli loved to trade down in New England, and that's what he will try to do here as well. Other teams will be calling to move up and nab Sanchez, Monroe, Crabtree, or Raji. Pioli will jump at one of the teams' offers. If not, the choice is Monroe. He will pair with former teammate, Brandon Albert, and protect the big investment made in Matt Cassel.
4. Seattle Seahawks - Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
Even with the addition of T.J. Houshmandzadeh, the Seahawks could still use a WR. Branch, Engram (if he comes back), and Housh, are all over 30, and Housh doesn't have Chad Johnson on the other side of the field anymore. Seattle may also look to trade down.
5. Cleveland Browns - Aaron Curry - OLB - Wake Forest
The Browns need an OLB for Mangini's 3-4 defense. Curry, who many consider the best player in this draft, is a perfect addition. Orakpo might be the pick if Curry is off the board.
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Smith - OT - Alabama
With the loss of Stacy Andrews, this team is badly in need of an OT. Based solely on film, Andre Smith is the best OT in this draft. The Bengals know their success depends on Carson Palmer, so they need to protect him.
7. Oakland Raiders - B.J. Raji - DT - Boston College
The Raiders had the second worst rush defense in the league last year, giving up 160 yards a game on the ground. Raji is the pick that makes sense, but Al Davis works in mysterious ways, so this pick is, as always, a wild card. Orakpo, Maclin, and Heyward-Bey are all options in the upside-down world that is Al Davis's mind.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jeremy Maclin - WR - Missouri
The Jags haven't had a serious receiving threat since Jimmy Smith. They would love Crabtree to fall here, and he might, but if not, the pick is Maclin.
9. Green Bay Packers - Tyson Jackson - DE - LSU
The Packers are shifting to a 3-4 and Jackson is the best of the few 3-4 DEs in the draft. Orakpo will be considered at the OLB position, as will Malcolm Jenkins to play one of many positions in the secondary.
10. San Francisco 49ers - Michael Oher - OT - Mississippi
Mike Singletary wants to establish a power run game to control the clock. To do that, the 49ers need a bookend opposite Joe Staley. They would love if Andre Smith fell here, and they will give a lot of thought to Mark Sanchez if he's still on the board.
11. Buffalo Bills - Robert Ayers - DE - Tennessee
Lucky for the Bills, all of the top pass rushers are still on the board. The Bills are looking for a left DE in their 4-3, since Schobel mans the right spot, and for that position the Bills are looking for a DE with more size. Ayers fits the bill.
12. Denver Broncos - Mark Sanchez - QB - USC
The Broncos will most likely have to move up to get Sanchez, but he will end up with the Broncos. After trading Cutler, the Broncos are armed with plenty of picks to move up in the draft and get Sanchez. Kyle Orton is not a long-term solution.
13. Washington Redskins - Brian Orakpo - DE/OLB - Texas
This will be a tough choice with Everette Brown still on the board. Orakpo offers slightly less of a pass rush, but is a much stouter run defender. Paired with Albert Haynesworth, this has the makings of a very good defensive line.
14. New Orleans Saints - Brian Cushing - OLB - USC
Though the Saints have two returning starters at the position, neither Scott Fujita nor Scott Shanle are playmakers.
The Texans give up way too many big plays in the passing game. They need help at both the CB and S positions, and Jenkins can play either.
16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC17. New York Jets - Percy Harvin - WR - Florida
18. Denver - Everette Brown - DE - Florida St.
19. Tampa Bay - Josh Freeman - QB - Kansas St.
20. Detroit Lions - Clay Matthews - OLB - USC
22. Minnesota Vikings - William Beatty - OT - Connecticut
23. New England Patriots - Connor Barwin - DE/OLB - Cincinnati
24. Atlanta Falcons - Brandon Pettigrew - Oklahoma St.25. Miami Dolphins - Aaron Maybin - DE/OLB - Penn St.
26. Baltimore Ravens - Peria Jerry - DT - Mississippi
27. Indianapolis Colts - Hakeem Nicks - WR - North Carolina
28. Philadelphia - Knowshon Moreno - RB - Georgia
29. New York Giants - Larry English - DE/OLB - Northern Illinois
30. Tennessee Titans - Darius Heyward-Bey - WR - Maryland
31. Arizona Cardinals - Chris Wells - RB - Ohio St.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Evander Hood - DT - Missouri